Wednesday, January 13

Winter Harvest

Christmas has come and gone.  Thank goodness it is over.  Now it is time to get back to real life.


Last time you were here, you saw that I had planted my first garden.  And so, here is what I've learned so far...

1.  I planted too late and missed out on the warm weather.  The cold weather stopped the growth of my garden.  the spinach, broccoli and okra never even sprouted.  The beans grew but they are stuck and haven't grown anymore.

2.  My radishes, although delicious, were very small, even after 3 additional weeks of growing in the garden.

3.  I think I planted the radishes too close together and so the radishes I planted today have a little more room to grow.

4.  The lettuce is delicious and after a slow start is really going crazy!


Here are some of the radishes I picked just last week.  I left the dirt just so you would know they really came from my garden.  They aren't quite as big as they look.  Probably only the size of a dime or a nickel.

This has been quite the learning experience.  I can't wait to learn more and really start eating the fruits of my labor!

No comments: