Friday, August 13

Yumm-oH

I am always trying to fix the healthiest of lunches as well as be less harmful on the environment, you know like all those ziploc baggies and plastic containers and individual wrapper type things.  So, this year, we have started a new lunch ritual.  First of all, I had to start making lunches before we go to bed, because mornings are seriously too hectic to make these fancy-shmancy lunches and get ready to go to work.  And honestly, I can't wake up before 6:30 anyway.  I am NOT a morning person.  I am not a night owl either, but anywaysssss.....

Here are my kids new lunches...


Notice the cute little cucumbers cut up like stars.  And the kiwi is cut in the shape of maple leafs.  Cute, huh?  Now, I didn't come up with these ideas on my own,  http://bentolunch.blogspot.com/ has some awesome lunch ideas.  You are probably asking yourself, why spend all the time cookie-cutting out the veggies and kiwi. I thought the same thing, but truly, by the time you peel, you haven't spent any more time with the cookie cutter and there really isn't any more waste either.  Plus, everything just goes into the composter anyway.  So, on top of the sandwich goes a blue freezer thing-y to keep everything cold and then the small dishes get covered and put on top.  It is all wrapped nicely and looks just like the one on the right.  They go into an insulated lunch bag with a refillable water bottle and a juice box.  So the only thing that gets thrown away is the juice box.  Nice, right?

A picture of my cuties on their first day of school.  My sixth grader would die if she knew I called her a cutie... (But see the cute little lunch boxes!)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, what sweet girls! And great lunches too.

Thanks for sharing my blog, so glad you enjoyed the lunch ideas! :o)

Jessica said...

Thank you for all the great ideas on your blog! Such delicious and healthy lunches and fun too!

Talia said...

OOOOOOH!!!! Nice idea, I love it!