Wednesday, December 22

It sneaks up on you...

Christmas and everything that comes with it has a tendency to sneak up on you.  You think you are moving along just fine, getting done what you need to get done.  And then, wham!  Just like that it kicks you in the bootie and says, "Did you get presents for so-an-so?  Don't forget you need to get that yada-yada in the mail if it is going to reach them by Christmas day.  Did you remember the butter to make Christmas cookies?  What about all the people at work, what are you gonna do for them?"

So, I thought I was doing great, and then, not so much.  Finally, today, I am listening to my horoscope and using this day as a relaxing and do nothing day.  Besides, have you looked outside?  This is a perfect "sit on the sofa with a coffee, wrapped up in a cozy blanket, watch old movies all day" kind of day.

But first, I want to tell you about my new nephew who I went to visit at the beginning of December.  Oh, Lucien, the little light of this family.  So sweet and so tiny.  Were my kids really ever that little.  It seems so far away now.  But I know they must of been.  (I did not give birth to 90 pound preteen girls.  Thank heavens for that.)  You think you are going to remember those days forever.  Because at the time your babies are babies, the time seems to move so slowly.  They are tiny and you want them to sit up.  They sit up and then you want them to say their first word.  They say their first word and their second, and you want them to crawl.  They start to crawl and you want them to walk.

You get the picture.  So, you sit there and wait for your tiny babies to grow.  And what do you know, they grow and get bigger and learn to do so many things and then one day you ask yourself, "What happened to my baby?"  They are still there.  Even if at 12, they don't want to be a baby anymore, they will always be your baby.

But, I got off track and just wanted to show you some super cute pictures of the little guy.  Here they are.








Oh and I started another project too.  Like I don't have enough already, I started a one a day photo blog.  Every day, I will post one picture and then at the end of the year, take all my photos and what I write and make into a book.  I am using Blurb and actually doing each day in my book as I post it on my blog.  We will see how long that lasts!  Read about it here, or better yet, start one of your own.  I am really excited about this.  I know it is going to be a huge undertaking, but so worth it in the end.  I hope you will join me, and if you do, comment and let me know where I can find yours.

No comments: