Monday, September 13

Fried Okra

More about food.  I don't know why.  Maybe I am just super hungry lately.  I don't know.  But, after the whole summer growing, my okra finally produced.  Here's the thing about okra.  People either love it or hate it.  To be honest, I never even ate Okra until I met my husband and he took me to his hometown in Colorado.  We ate fried okra.  And I loved it.  Andy loves it.  My kids love it.  And so I had to plant some. It is a little tricky.  If you don't pick it when it is still tender than you can't really make fried okra.  It needs to be young and tender.



Yummy!  A little cornmeal to make 'em crispity-crunchety!  Delicious!  And then to top dinner off, my Aunt Donnabelle's homemade chocolate pudding.  So yummy when the skin forms on the top as it is cooling.  The secret to delicious chocolate pudding, cinnamon and vanilla!


Enough about food for a while.  But, if anyone has a recipe that I can use for tough, old okra, let me know!

No comments: