Wednesday, September 29

Much Ado about Nothing

No, really.  There really hasn't been anything notable worth talking about.  But, I'll get you caught up on all our over the weekend activities.

First, I rearranged the furniture in my house.  Haven't done it for a while and it was feeling a little stale, so it was time for a change.  Remember I told you that I inherited some furniture from my grandparents when they moved North?  Well, one of the pieces is a table from Mexico.  Love it.  Didn't really have a place for it, so I found one.  And it turns out that it turned out pretty cool.  See...

So, it contains the funny little goat tooth statue man that Andy and I got in Puerto Rico, and the pictures from our trip are right above.  It is like an 'Ode to Puerto Rico wall.  Plus, it is right by my dining room, so when it is time for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I can clear everything off for a buffet.  Looks nice and practical, right up my alley!

Also did a little painting in my guest bedroom, sold my old king size bed to make room for my grandparent's cherry furniture.  A whole matching set.  I don't really have matching furniture anywhere.  It is all hand-me-downs, or I bought just one cuz that is all I could afford, or goodwill finds.  I can't show you pictures until it is COMPLETELY done, but here is a little hint... I had to make it fun and whimsical, because honestly I need a little fun and whimsy in my heart now-a-days. So, just a little peek.


Also, had a lovely time cleaning the pool.  Just couldn't get rid of the cloudiness, so I said, "Enough is Enough!'  Or something to that effect.  And we proceeded to drain, scrub, pour chlorine all over, scrub some more.  Andy fell and cussed, and then cussed some more.  And then we, or I should say Andy, finished.  But not before the girls climbed to the bottom of the pool.  


I'm sure more happened than that, but I just can't seem to remember right now.  Later tonight, I'll say, "Oh, I should have told them about yada, yada, yada."  But I guess you'll never know!

1 comment:

Janalee said...

can't see the last picture!

and you've really got my attention piqued (sp?) with that zebra shot!

table and suitcases looks great.