Sunday, November 14

Adventures in Food


So, Abby has been begging me for a specific meal for what seems like forever.  And I have been putting it off forever, because honestly I just wasn't sure about it.  I will give you a couple hints and let you guess...


Yep... little mini meatballs....


Yep, some spaghetti....

But here is the kicker, we didn't have spaghetti and meatballs, because really that wouldn't be an adventure in the truest sense of the word, now would it?

So, does anyone out there watch iCarly?  If you have girls of a certain pre-teen age, then you probably have at least seen a glimpse into this show.  It is, I have to say, pretty funny.  Spencer, Carly's older brother is hilarious.  I watch the show just to see him because he makes me laugh.  Anyway, Spencer makes this delicious meal...
Scroll down...


Keep going.....


I don't want to give it away just yet.....


It has to be a bit of a surprise.....


Okay, if you must know.....




Spaghetti Tacos...


Yep, I said Spaghetti Tacos!  Layered in that there taco shell are spaghetti noodles, topped with mini meatballs, smothered in spaghetti sauce (I went with the spicy sauce to make it a little mexican-y) and covered in mozarella cheese.

Gross, you say?  Oh no!  That is what you would automatically assume and yet, quite delicious in an odd sort of way.  I don't know how, but it was.  The girls each ate two.  My husband wasn't feeling very adventurous and so stuck to just spaghetti and meatballs, but I dove right in and found myself enjoying the odd meal.  The taste reminded me of something I used to eat as a kid.  I have no idea what it was, but the combination tickled a memory in the back of my brain somewhere.

So, I dare you.  Spaghetti Tacos anyone?

No comments: