Sunday, February 13

Wow, What a Weekend!

Let me say it again. Wow, What a Weekend! 


It all started Friday night. I went to my Aunt's grand-daughters 4th birthday party. We don't see each other a lot, in fact very little. Even thought we live about 6 miles apart. Kind of silly actually, but we made the time and spent the night at Peter Piper Pizza, playing games and visiting. My Aunt has a HUGE family. It is awesome and makes me kind of jealous not to have so many loved ones around and able to spend time with.

But, we had to be home by 8 so Amy could get to bed. Saturday morning at 8 a.m. it was time! Honor Band try outs. She was so stressed.  Amy, well actually both of my kids, are perfectionists. So, anything less than perfection can sometimes be hard to accept. She had her 5 minute try out. I asked how she did. Fine she said. But you could tell she wasn't optimistic. They said we would here Monday morning. So, time to wait.

Oh, but I forgot.  Andy was supposed to be home by 10:30 from a quick trip to Florida. I get a call from him at 6:10 in the morning. He should have been on the plane already. He says,"Guess what?" I guessed his flight was canceled. No, he slept in and missed his flight. Got to the gate just as the plane was pulling away. Bummer. So, he had to get another flight to Charlotte and then catch another one to Phoenix.

So, back to the day. After the try out, back home and some MAJOR house cleaning would commence. Like 4 hours worth of heavy duty house cleaning. Next to the airport to pick up Andy. As we are sitting in the cell phone lot, I get an email from Amy's band teacher. The results are in already. SHE MADE IT! Well, I was excited anyway. I texted Amy, and I suppose she was excited too, and a little surprised.

Got to veg out the rest of the day. Watched a movie with Andy. Finished the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Read all the books. Now, I have seen all the movies. Liked the first two movies a lot. The last was a little disappointing. They left out a lot. Of course, it probably would have been a ten hour movie if they had included everything. But, it was good none-the-less.

This morning, it was about sleeping in. Andy had to go to work even though it was his day off. Manager was sick. So, it was up to me to clean up all the leaves that had fallen. A TON of leaves. Went to pick up some garden stuff and flowers and planted this cute little flower garden at my entrance.



Now, I know that it doesn't look like much, but there is a lot going on here. First of all, the gray bricks are from my kids. When they were in karate, they took part in a brick breaking seminar. And these are most of the bricks that they broke. We keep them to remind them that you can do anything you put your mind to. No matter how hard it seems.




The second part of this garden is about the marigolds. My grandpa passed away 2 weeks ago. I remember as a kid going to his house every summer and he ALWAYS had yellow and orange marigolds. I loved them.


This garden is a memory garden dedicated to my grandpa. Love you Papa!

Oh, and I made Lasagna for dinner tonight. An early Valentine's dinner since Andy works late tomorrow night. Be sure to check back tomorrow for my Valentine's post. You might find it entertaining!

No comments: