Tuesday, February 1

Random Thought Tuesday

1. Luckily, today was a much less eventful day!  Still busy, but busy is good.  Just as long as I don't have to deal with any crazies!


2. Why is it that nobody in my household knows how to load dishes in the dishwasher except for me?  Actually, they know how to do it when it is a specific chore, but if they just say use a glass for a drink, they set it in the sink instead of spending 5 more seconds and opening and closing the dishwasher. I am going to work very hard in the coming days and weeks to break my family of this habit.  Don't know how I will accomplish it yet, but they better watch out.


3. Living in the desert, we are spoiled with beautiful winter weather.  But tomorrow... 46 degrees for the high.  Brrrrr! I know, I shouldn't really complain.  My sister in law is suffering through windchill temps of -32 in Colorado today.  I say no way to that kind of weather.  I guess I will grin and bear it, but Mother Nature, could you please bring back the beautiful 70 degree weather from last week?


4. I think that finally I have some readers out there.  I got a whole 27 hits yesterday!  Yowza!  So, thank you to all of you that read. If this is your first time stopping by, I hope you will stay awhile and hopefully find something that tickles your fancy.  If you've been here before, thanks for coming back! If you know someone that might like to join our little party, I hope you'll pass it along.  But thanks to all of you.  I didn't really know what this blogging thing would mean when I started it.  Really it has been just an outlet to say things I might not normally say. Share things with the world that are important to me. Put myself "out there" for the heck of it.  There are zillions of other mom blogs out there, so thanks for reading mine.  I may not be as eloquent as most, as creative as some, as clever as others.  But, what I am on this blog is pretty much what I am in life.  What you see is what you get.  No frills, just me!


5. Really want a new camera.  I have had the same DSLR for about 8 years now.  I would love a new one.  I have always had Canons and I love them.  I want to keep my loyalty to Canon, but if anyone out there can convince me otherwise, I would love to hear from you.


6. My little experiment with a photo a day has been quite a challenge for me. (You can catch a glimpse up there in the left hand corner.  The one called One at a Time) I need to be better about it. I will be better. I promise.


7. I wish I had about 2 more hours to my day. But, these hours need to be just for me. Without kids, without having to work, without the internet to distract me. Simply so I can garden, read, vacuum, do some laundry. I love time to myself, even if it involves cleaning.  I just like the quietness and aloneness. I don't even turn on music or the tv. I just am. 


8. Have a great week!



No comments: